Friday, March 13, 2009

Studio Walls

For the past month SPACE gallery, in Portland, ME invited a group of artists to recreate an area of their studio/work-space within the gallery. The idea grew from the often shrine-like accumulations of visual materials that so often find there way into the studio.

The studio, for me, is where I feel most comfortable-a little nest. When I get home, I poke my head into the studio and make sure everything is ok in there, it's like a child or a dog or something. Anyway, here are some pictures of my studios over the years. home....





Check out Studio Walls at SPACE.

Artists include: Greta Bank, Melinda Barnes, Amy Stacey Curtis, Meggan Gould, Friederike Hamann, Joe Kievitt, Scott Nash, Patrick O’Rorke, and Colin Sullivan-Stevens.

No comments:

Post a Comment